Housing insurance. Home insurance, often called multi-risk home insurance, covers physical damage, but also bodily injury caused by a disaster.
[Mise à jour du vendredi 23 septembre 2022 à 09h39] After a meeting in Percy, officials from the insurance sector and the Minister of Economy announced that they would contain the average increase in their tariffs at the “below” levelinflation For 2022 and 2023. Concretely, insurance companies have pledged to ensure that The inflation index for the cost of insurance, calculated by the National Institute of Statistics and Statistics, remains lower than the inflation index For 2022 and 2023, which does not rule out that certain contracts for some customers will increase faster, especially “taking into account the behavior of each individual”, as specified by the minister. The fact remains that home insurance is a significant cost to families. Are you looking to set aside savings? Here are some tips:
- Study the competition Hamon’s Law allows you to terminate your insurance contract at any time, remember echo. After your first year of subscription, nothing stops you from going to see if the grass is greener elsewhere. The termination will be effective after 30 days, according to the business daily.
- Take the time to evaluate the insurance movable capital : Specifies the amount of home insurance you have to pay. “Cargo merchandise can have sentimental value, but it should always be valued at its true and present value,” Macif Marketing Director notes to Les Echos. Remember that once the contract is signed, the insurance company will not cover claims for property not included in the document.
- update your contract, Regarding the goods you have been able to obtain that you wish to insure
- Review all your contracts to avoid duplicates
- Be vigilant about the amount of the deduction: it is crucial to know how much will be compensated in the event of a claim.
Home insurance provides coverage to protect the family’s assets, be it housing or furniture, but also the civil liability of its occupants. In the event of a claim, and depending on the guarantees obtained, this contract provides partial or full compensation.
Home insurance covers:
- Damage to property: buildings for residential use, fences, retaining walls, outbuildings, veranda, garage, basement, property development or Share Common areas in condominiums.
- harm to people.
Excludes: Buildings under construction, farms, garden sheds, outdoor pipes, lighting installation, addresses and values, professional property, and automobiles. On the other hand, valuables are treated separately.
What are the guarantees?
The main guarantees offered by a multi-risk home contract relate to fire, water damage, broken glass, frozen pipes, natural disasters, theft or vandalism. Home insurance also provides coverage responsible Insured and privacy. It therefore compensates for material or immaterial damages to third parties, neighbors or visitors.
- Owners, whether occupants or not, are not obligated to enter into a home insurance contract. However, they will be held liable in the event that alimony is not included in the original claim.
- Co-owners are required to have at least civil liability insurance.
- Finally, it remains mandatory for tenants. Failing that, he exposes himself to the possibility of termination of the lease. Note that if the tenant does not provide the insurance certificate one month after signing the lease, the landlord can replace it all and bill him!
The tenant who signs the lease must of course pay their own insurance policy. In the case of property, it is recommended that the owner naked and beneficiary Together they pay for the protection of the walls, their personal responsibility, and the housing container.
The price of an insurance policy depends on a number of parameters:
- The place to live/dwelling and attachments,
- modifications made,
- discount amount,
- Optional warranties.
However, the average price for an apartment on January 1, 2019 is 225 euros per year and 370 euros for a house.
All you have to do is answer a questionnaire online or at an insurance company. No evidence required, but any misrepresentation will void the contract. The questions relate to the status of the inhabitant, its location, the composition of the dwelling, mobile capital, desired options, etc.
The law provides for several scenarios for the termination of a multi-risk home contract:
- Before the expiry of the first contract, that is, two months before the date of the anniversary of his signature by registered letter with acknowledgment of receipt.
- After the first due date, at any time of the year, always by registered mail with English. The contract expires after one month of notification.
- After an adjustment that exacerbates the risk, for example the arrival of a new resident or occupational activity in the dwelling
- After the death of the insured.
Leave a Comment